Rowing can strengthen your heart, and improve stamina and overall fitness and strength. Rowing with resistance bands can help you build more lower-body muscle than the standard rowing machine.
- Hold one side of the resistance band and ask your partner to hold another, as shown in the video.
- Your partner should be doing an isometric hold with his elbows tucked in and shoulder blades squeezed together.
- Keep your arms straight, with your knees bent and your butt pointing back.
- Now start the rowing motion where you pull the band towards you and then go forward again.
- Your partner should stand completely still and not move at all.
- Perform 10-15 reps.
- Once your reps are complete, switch with your partner.
- Once you’ve both completed your reps, you can take a short break and repeat.
Note: In case you’re doing this exercise alone, you can sit down, straighten your legs, and place the center of the resistance band below your foot. Perform the rowing motion similar to the steps mentioned above.